March 17, 2020
Baker Naz Church Family,
Greetings on this gorgeous spring-like day.
There is so much information swirling around. While fear and panic in our world seems to be in full force, I just want to remind our church of God’s message:
Isaiah 41:10, “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.”
Remember that you are examples of God’s message of hope.
So many are asking what does all this look like in the life of our church body? To start with, our hope is that consistent actions by our community will be helpful in turning this all into something that can be managed, and a more normal life for all of us will be restored sooner rather than later. Our hope is that it might be in time so that we could celebrate Easter together. Only time will tell.
But regardless of anything, the message of the cross can and will be preached by the church. Remember that the church isn’t defined or limited by walls. YOU are the church, your life is a living testament to the message of the cross. So live that message.
So as we move forward, here’s what we know:
- If you are at all sick, please stay home.
- There will be no gatherings at the church on Sunday until at least April 5th.
- We will live-stream a complete service every Sunday at 9:45am on Facebook Live, and post this video on YouTube soon after. (Our hope within a couple weeks is to be able to stream to both simultaneously.) A link for both of these will be at the bottom of this letter.
- If you can’t, or know of someone who can’t, stream the service at any point and you would like a cd or dvd of the service, let the church office know and we will do our best to get that to you.
- If you have internet but need assistance in learning how to participate this way, please let the church office know.
- Sunday school classes and TLC groups, please check on one another.
- If you know someone that needs to be checked on and cant do it yourself, let the church office know.
- If you are one of those especially susceptible within our community, or know someone that is, and need an errand run in order to keep you safe, please contact the church office.
- If you can help with any of these errand types of services, please contact the church office.
- If you would like to help form a group that looks after a small group, let the church office know.
- For those that are regular part of our church body and you want to continue in you financial support, you can continue to do so through our website at www.bakernaz.com or you can drop off your donations to the church office between the hours of 9am and 4pm.
Please remember, you are people of hope. Reflect the hope that you have in the way that you live. If you need anything or have questions, please let us know.
In His Grip,
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/ and search for Baker City Naz
There are direct links for both of these at www.bakernaz.com