Our Adult Ministries offer classes, small groups and fellowship activities for singles and couples.
Sunday School goes from 8:30 to 9:30 am with an assortment of classes about Christian living, books of the Bible, or contemporary topics. Classes change throughout the year and are held in the main church building and Family Life Center. The current classes include:
- Pslams for Young Adults led by Pastor Thomas Tilford in the library
- Studies in 1 Corinthians led by Kent Bailey in the main building room N8
- Ray Vander Laan Video series led by Eugene Hawes in the Fellowship Hall
- Study in the Gospel of Mark led by Brent Gyllenberg in the Family Life Center, room 106
- Think, Act, Believe Like Jesus led by Pastor Lennie in the Family Life Center, room 204
- Humanity beyond the Fall led by Edward Stoaks in the main building, room N6
- Gospel of John led by Roger Holden and Geral Seal in the main building room N4
- God in You by David Jeremiah led by Ivan Poe in the Family Life Center, room 103
- Church History-Young Adult led by Pastor Thomas Tilford in Church Library
Couples & Singles Small Groups
Small Groups or “TLC Groups” are a more casual way to meet others each week. The groups usually have a short Biblical lesson, open discussion time, prayer time and of course dessert. Current group times and locations include:
- Tuesday evening at 5 pm with Edward & Ruby Stoaks – meets at 600 3rd St, or call 541.523.3153.
- Wednesday evening at 6 pm with Wayne & Sharla Erickson. Call 541.523.2186 for location beginning on October 11th.
- Wednesday evening at 6:30 pm with Rick & Fran Hart. Call 541.523.7320 for location starting again in the Fall.
- Wednesday evening at 6:30 pm with Eugene & Christina Hawes. Call 541.519.8805 call for location.
- Young Adult Small Group is on Friday evenings at 7:00 pm with Thomas & Kaylee Tilford – 2475 E. Street, Baker City, or call 541.805.0483
Adult Bible Study
There is an Adult Bible Study group that meets every Tuesday evening at 5:00 pm at Edward and Ruby Stoaks home on 600 3rd Street, Baker City (541.523.3153).
Men’s Activities and Studies
Men’s Bible Study group meets every Thursday morning at 6:00 am at the Oregon Trail Restaurant, 211 Bridge Street in Baker City.
Meat and Greet
One of the newest men’s activities is the monthly “Meat and Greet”. You are welcome to join us the second Tuesday of the month at 6 pm in the Fellowship Hall for a steak meal ($7), good dinner conversation, and a special sharing time and testimony by a ‘mystery guest’ selected by Pastor Lennie.
Father’s Day – Family Trap Shoot
On Father’s Day June 17, the church hosted the annual Family Trap Shoot at the Baker County Trap Club. This event just keeps getting bigger and bigger every year. There were almost 35 men and ladies shooters plus kids with all 50 folks eating hot dogs and enjoying the sunny day. The divisions included a mix of people who have been shooting for many years down to those who just picked a shotgun that day.
Men’s Division Winners: Dusty G. , Sam B. and Sam R
Ladies Division: Hannah, Toni M. and Betty S.
These winners got a frozen turkey and 4 lbs of bacon for first place, and either bacon or a frozen turkey for 2nd and 3rd place. Yummy!