JOIN US DURING THE SEASON OF ADVENT (and more) AS WE CELEBRATE TOGETHER!
11/24 – Angel Tree Project Out
11/28 – Turkey Trot (9am)
12/1 – 1st Sunday of Advent (HOPE)
– Angel Tree Out
12/5 – Decorate the Church Building
12/6 – Staff Christmas Party (5pm)
12/7 – Children’s Dress Rehearsal (10a)
12/8 – 2nd Sunday of Advent (PEACE)
– Children’s Christmas Musical (9:45am)
– Community Serve Day (1-3pm)
12/12 – Board Christmas Party (5pm)
12/14 – Women’s Ministries Party and Ornament Exchange at Mad Matildas (9-11am)
12/15 – 3rd Sunday of Advent (JOY)
– Angel Tree gifts returned
– Youth Christmas Party
12/20–21 – Last Chance Bazaar
12/22 – 4th Sunday of Advent (LOVE)
12/24 – Baker Christmas Eve Service
12/29 – Pancakes and Praise(9:45am)
12/31 – Youth New Year’s Eve Nerf Party
Upward Sports is the largest Christian youth sports program in the nation, and has been in Baker City since January 2018. The program is open for all the children in Baker City and surrounding communities!
This recreation basketball league is a unique experience that develops young athletes (K5- 6th grade) mentally, athletically, spiritually, and socially. Upward Basketball focuses on skills, training, character development, drills, and gameplay. It involves:
- 1 practice and 1 game per week
- Unique substitution system that ensures every young athlete plays
- Quality game day uniform and other sports related gear
- Age appropriate character and skill development both on and off the court
- Coaches who are focused on your athlete’s development physically and spiritually
- Registration: Opens September 8th, 2019
- Basketball registration is $55 per player
- Cheerleading registration is $65 per cheerleader
- Skills Assessment: We will offer one on November 16th (9am-11am) and one on December 14th (9am-11am) in the Family Life Center (FLC) gymnasium.
- Open Gym: Meet coaches and play fun games in December.
- First practice: Wednesday, January 8th or Thursday, January 9th in the FLC gymnasium.
- Game Schedule: All games will be on Saturday mornings from January into March
The sponsorship program can be another way for businesses or individuals to participate in this ministry and benefit young athletes who may be unable to financially participate in the program. Sponsorships will include your name or business on a banner that will be placed in the gym. These banners are great encouragements for parents, and are a visual way to show others in our community that you or your business supports these kids. Sponsorships range from $50 to $200.
For more information please contact Deidra in the church office – 541.523.3533.
Baker City Upward Sports Basketball and Cheer registration
Registration will open online and in the church office on September 1st. Anyone may register by December 31st, and registration forms are in the church office.
The fee for both Basketball and Cheer is $55 per child. Basketball is for girls and boys ages K5-6th grade; all teams are coed. Cheer is for girls ages K5-6th grade. Scholarships are available upon request.
will be on November 10th and December 1st. Every player must attend one evaluation to participate. For questions about registering, please contact Registrar Lorrie Ermovick, 541-523-3533 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
All practices will be either on Wednesdays or Thursday evenings with games on Saturday.
We will have an open Gym night on Wednesday, December 19th at 6pm.
We are looking for coaches and refs.
Our plan is to have two coaches per team. Referees should plan on refereeing two games each Saturday. Background checks are required and training will be provided. Please contact Coach & Ref Commissioner Pastor Kaylee to sign up 541-805-0483
CHEER! New this year is cheer!
If you would be interested in coaching or helping please contact Cheer Commissioner Toni Myers 541-403-2381
If you or your business would like to be a sponsor for Upwards Basketball and Cheer, please contact League Director, Deidra Richards 541-519-1482 or the church office 541-523-3533
All sponsorship funds are given as scholarships to allow kids to play Upwards, unless otherwise noted. More information is on the Sponsorship form.